Friday, July 23, 2010

Type Folly is a very impressive CSS3 typography showcase application

Filed under: Design, Text, web 2.0
Type Folly is a tour de force, showing how far JavaScript and CSS have come. When I first openend the page I got a canvas with all sorts of text, which looks like an image. But then I clicked it, and discovered I can drag stuff around.
Then I noticed the tool panes on the sides; they look like Photoshop tool panes, but are implemented in JavaScript and are fully functional. There are layers, and type properties, and containers sizes and whatnot.
You play around with the canvas just like you would with Adobe Illustrator (including font effects, etc). But the shocker comes at the end, when you get a fully valid CSS3 + HTML code which is the exact canvas you created. It's all done with JavaScript, CSS and HTML.
I'm pretty sure the fonts come from Google, which is a case in point for me. But even if they use some paid service, the point here is the tool itself, which you really have to play with to understand.Type Folly is a very impressive CSS3 typography showcase application originally appeared on Download Squad on Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | CommentsADOBE SYSTEMS ADVANCED SEMICONDUCTOR ENGINEERING ALLIANCE DATA SYSTEMS ALLTEL

No comments:

Post a Comment