Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wow. If You Think Quitting Booze Freaks People Out, Wait ?Til You Quit Twitter

I promise this is my last word on the subject.

I had already promised myself, actually, that I wouldn?t write any more about my decision to quit Facebook, Linkedin, Foursquare, Blippy, Yammer, Dopplr and every other social network other than Twitter. But then I added Twitter to the list - deleting my 10,000+ follower account and returning to more traditional blogging - and suddenly all (social media) hell broke loose.

For reasons I can?t quite understand - it?s not like I?ve quit food or oxygen - my inbox has since been flooded with emails. Some are just standard notes of congratulations for cutting the cord while others scream that I?m a Luddite who doesn?t ?get? Twitter (by and large these are the same people who describe themselves as ?social media ninja?s on their profiles: the modern day equivalent of those ?My other car is the Batmobile? bumper stickers).

The majority of messages, though, are from people who are strongly considering following my lead, but are worried that their body or mind might not be able to cope with the shock. How do I feel since quitting? Can I offer them any advice?

TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE SYNTEL SYNTAX-BRILLIAN SYNOPSYS

No comments:

Post a Comment