Monday, November 29, 2010

NSFW: 404 Alcohol Not Found (Or, Social Media is Overrated, but it?s Helped me Stay Sober)

Earlier today, my friend Oli emailed me to say he?d noticed that one of my sites was showing a 404 message. Specifically, he was emailing to congratulate me.�According to the site in question -�ispauldrinkingagain.com - it has been 404 days since I last drank alcohol. And, for reasons I'll explain in a moment, I owe a large amount of credit for that to the power of social media. Making that admission is slightly awkward, given that on Tuesday you?ll be able to watch me take part in a CNNMoney / Webbies debate with Gary Vaynerchuk where I argue in favour of the motion that "social media is overrated". And yet my reason for supporting the motion�is simple: despite how much I owe it, social media is overrated.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/2rnw410dwF4/

NIKON NINTENDO NOKIA NVIDIA

No comments:

Post a Comment