Monday, December 31, 2012

iPhone and iPad theft blamed for increase in NYC crime rate

New York City mayer Michael Bloomberg, during his Friday morning radio address, seems to have laid the blame for a slight elevation in the crime rate on Apple's doorstep. More precisely, on the pilfering of iPhones and iPads. Michael M. Grynbaum of the New York Times quotes Marc La Vorgna, the mayor?s press secretary, as saying:

?If you just took away the jump in Apple, we?d be down for the year.?

Bloomberg advised listeners to keep their valuable Apple devices more secret and more safe.

?Put it in a pocket in sort of a more body-fitting, tighter clothes, that you can feel if it was ? if somebody put their hand in your pocket, not just an outside coat pocket.?

The sum of iOS device larceny resulted in a 3.3% rise in the major crime rate, all told. No word yet on whether or not Dick Wolf is working on a Law & Order: Special iPhone Unit for the 2013 season.

I had my car window smashed and my MacBook Pro and iPad stolen, among other things, in suburban Montreal, so electronics theft is by no means limited to New York or the city. I usually keep my iPhone in my inside pants pocket, and my iPad mini in my inside, zipped up, jacket pocket.

Anyone else had any iOS devices stolen, or have any tips to share on keeping them secret and keeping them safe?

Source: New York Times



Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheIphoneBlog/~3/LBaMuXfQgbg/story01.htm

IDT IBASIS HYPERCOM HEWLETT PACKARD CO

No comments:

Post a Comment