Thursday, August 29, 2013

Five must-have gadgets for your new college dorm room

I?ll never forget the moment I first laid eyes on my freshman year dorm room. I swung open the heavy door to find a tiny room sporting old furniture, awful linoleum floors and cinder block walls?all the ambiance you'd expect universitry housing officers to foist on unsuspecting 18-year-olds.

I also found that a�mouse had left a present in the top drawer of my desk. Glaring florescent lighting illuminated it perfectly.

Home sweet home? Actually, my roommates and I saw nothing but potential. Disgusting or not, we were determined to make the room as comfy as possible?and you can too with whatever dorm environment you're dealing with this fall. Your room will never be a luxury apartment, but a few crucial appliances can make it a multi-functional space for�studying, sleeping, and socializing.

This is pretty close to what my dorm looked like, but this one is much cleaner.

Magic Chef MCBR360B mini fridge ($180)

This mini fridge will keep snacks cool and comply with your dorm's restrictions.

Unless you lucked out with a nice apartment-style dorm, your room probably doesn?t have much more than a bed, desk, and spot for your clothes. But what about food? For keeping snacks to hold you over when the dining hall is closed, you?ll want a mini fridge?and�Magic Chef?s MCBR360B is a great one. It has a separate freezer compartment, keeps a consistent temperature, and has both shelf and door storage to hold plenty of food and drinks. (I?m sure you?ll put that 12 ounce can dispenser to good use, too.) As an added bonus, it?s really quiet, so it shouldn?t keep you up at night.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2047637/five-must-have-gadgets-for-your-new-college-dorm-room.html#tk.rss_all

SRA INTERNATIONAL SPSS SPANSION SONUS NETWORKS

No comments:

Post a Comment